I just did one suc proposals for some panels to be installed in a high school in Alaska. In the end I didn't get the project but enjoyed making the proposal and samples over a rather manic few days on April. I'd been in New Zealand for most of the proposal-making time window so had been chewing over a lot of ideas but had to commit to making and presenting one in a very short time. The idea was to make forty panels for the top half of some tall columns supporting a ceiling - the panels would give the impression of light coming through a canopy of foliage. I used a simple construction of layered plywood which had a much cleaner, slicker look than my usual work - interesting to see how that turned out. I made a couple of sample panels to give an idea of what the forty individual pieces would have looked like.
As with all experiments into new areas, I could see lots of aspects that needed changing or refining, but I liked the gist of it and hope I get the chance to develop this kind of thing further for some other application. Here are some shots of the samples.